pie crust, homemade or store bought
1½ cups half and half
2 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
4 oz goat cheese broken into small clumps
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter
8 oz. Crimini mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
6 oz baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit .
2. Unroll pie dough into a deep dish pie pan, prick all over with fork.
3. Pre-bake pie dough for 12 minutes, remove and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
4. Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and half and half; fold in cheese not to break up the goat cheese and set aside.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
6. Add mushrooms, cook until golden, about 8-10 minutes.
7. Add garlic and thyme and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Toss in spinach and cook until just wilted. Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
9. Stir the vegetable mixture into the egg mixture and pour into pre baked pie crust.
10. Place onto a cookie sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until set.
11. Lightly cover with foil if crust is getting too dark.